nexTab enables you quickly switch, close and open new tabs with multi-touch gestures in most applications. Save 1 minute per day, save 6 hours per year!
Zero configuration, so it works out of the box. Download, launch and enjoy surfing :)
- Switch to left/right tab press one finger, tap another finger.
- Switch several tabs slide one finger horizontally at top border of trackpad.
- Close tab press two fingers, tap another on the left.
- Open new tab press two fingers, tap another on the right.
- Refresh tab press two fingers, tap another between them.
- Browsers: Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera and others
- Text and code editors: Xcode, Eclipse, Textmate, Sublime Text and others
- Almost all tabbed applications: Terminal, iChat, Echofon, countless softwares...
5.0 (Coming soon)
- Added: Open link in a new tab.
- Added: Reopen closed tab.
- Fixed: Tap action trigger click after machine wake from sleep.
- Fixed: Works with Terminal, Eclipse, Sublime Text 2.
- Added: Switch to login window.
- Added: Scroll to document top / bottom.
- Fixed: Hold & tap to switch tab click hovered link.
- Added: Chinese localisation.
- Fixed: Disabled close/open new tab gestures trigger refresh tab action.
- Added: Slide one finger at top border to switch several tabs.
- Added: ability to enable/disable each gesture in icon menu.
- Added: ability to hide menu bar icon.
- Improved: much less unwanted actions.
- Fixed: Working with non-U.S. standard keyboard layouts, including Dvorak and Colemak layout.
- Added: Hold & tap to close, refresh and open new tab.
- Added: Hold & tap to switch tabs.
- Does nexTab support Magic Mouse?
- No. Apple does not allow 3rd-party apps which distribute through Mac App Store to use Magic Mouse API.
- How can I hide menu bar icon?
- Press ⌥ option key while launch nexTab, remember to enable Auto-start at login before do this.
- How can I restore menu bar icon?
- If nexTab is running, use system build-in utility Activity Monitor to kill nexTab process first, then press ⌥ option key and launch nexTab.